Thursday, January 28, 2010

Proof That Marketing Pays

I realize that the concept that it pays to market is not new to most entrepreneurs and professionals. But I got positive proof just yesterday that letting people know what you do is the first and maybe most important step to building your business.
You probably know by know that I wrote a book - The Cat Lover's Book of Days - and several folks on have said nice things about it. But to meet my definition of success for this book I needed to reach a wider audience, so I chose to work with a PR professional to get the word out. She drew up a list of target media, we prepared a press release, and started to spread the news.

And it worked! In a matter of a couple of weeks we've sent review copies of the book to radio stations, magazines, and websites. Yesterday I got confirmation that I'll be interviewed on a national radio talk show, "Talkin' Pets" with Jon Patch, on this Saturday! It's going to be great fun and I would love it if you all called in with questions or comments. Here are the details:
Talkin Pets header
"Talkin' Pets" with Jon Patch - 5:00 p.m. EST - Saturday, January 30, 2010
Toll free call in number: 866-606-TALK begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              866-606-TALK      end_of_the_skype_highlighting (866-606-8255 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              866-606-8255      end_of_the_skype_highlighting)
Website - you can listen online: http://talkinpets.com
The show runs from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, and I'm scheduled to be on during the first 1/2 to 1 hour. To find an AM station near you that carries the program, go the website and click on the "Station Info" button on the left.
Please call and say "Hi!" - I'd love to hear lots of friendly voices. This Saturday. 5:00 p.m. Fun

No comments: